52 Ways to Lose Weight without Ever Having to Go on a Diet…
This month I am sharing with you 26 ways you can reach your weight loss goals without ever having to go on a “diet”. Implement one new thing each week of the year, keep it simple, but take daily action steps and I know you will succeed! You will get the other 26 Ways in two weeks time so stay tuned!
1. Eat breakfast. Studies have found that people who start their day off with a breakfast high in fiber and protein actually eat fewer calories throughout the day than their breakfast skipping counterparts. Go ahead and start your day with fuel to empower you for success!
2. Drink half your body weight in water. For example, a 150 pound person should consume 75 ounces of water a day.
3. Walk 10,000 steps a day. Wear a pedometer and track your progress.
4. When you eat, leave two bites behind. This simple strategy can easily save 200 – 500 calories a day.
5. Ask yourself “Am I hungry? Would I eat an apple?” If the answer is no, then you are not hungry and you are eating out of another emotion.
6. Eat from the ground up, not the box down. Consume more fresh foods and limit or remove packaged and processed foods from your menu.
7. Perk up with green tea. Replace your afternoon cup of coffee or soda with green tea. Green tea is a calorie free beverage that also has metabolism boosting and cancer fighting properties.
8. Clean out the pantry and fridge. Remove foods that make it difficult to control portion sizes.
9. Avoid or limit alcohol intake. Alcohol not only adds empty calories to your day, but it also decreases overall inhibitions. When inhibitions are decreased you are more likely to overeat foods high in fat and sugar.
10. Buy desserts and/or treats for your kid’s birthday party or holiday event that are not your personal favorite. It is much easier to say “no thank you” to the brownies when chocolate cupcakes are your favorite!
11. Fill (and keep refilling) the fruit bowl. Keep it in a convenient place for a quick “grab and go” snack.
12. Move the candy jar to an “out of sight, out of mind” location.
13. Keep a food journal. Record not only what you eat, but also how much you consume.
14. Snack on berries, cherries, and apple slices.
15. Workout in the morning.
16. Dine In. Restaurant meals are generally higher in calories, sodium, fat, and sugar than the home cooked counterpart.
17. Snack on raw veggies. Try dipping carrots, celery, cucumber, broccoli and red bell pepper slices in salsa!
18. Get your ZZZ’s! Aim for at least 6 – 8 hours of sleep every night. Being sleep deprived will hinder weight loss efforts.
19. Dining out? Order your entree from the appetizer menu – just make sure it is not the fried onion rings!
20. Slow down. Take time to slow down and relax the mind and body.
21. Find an exercise partner.
22. Visualize your success. Create a vision board with the goals you are striving to achieve. Put it in a place where you can look at it on a daily basis.
23. Replace one soda (or other sugar beverage) with water. Doing this once a day can save 150 calories, resulting in 15 pounds over the course of a year.
24. Bring your lunch to work.
25. Eat with sticks…chopsticks! This simple tip can help slow down your eating, helping you become more in tune with your internal hunger and fullness cues.
26. Divide your plate in half. Fill one half with veggies and then divide the other side in two…fill with a lean protein and high fiber carbohydrate source.